Stubton Parish Council
Picture left to right – Geoffrey Dorrity – Jennifer Taylor – Zoe North – Teri England
Stubton Council is formed of up to 5 Councillors, who volunteer their time to make the village a better place. Their work falls into three main categories:
- Representing the local community
- Delivering services to meet local needs
- Striving to improve the quality of life in the parish
The Parish Council normally has a dedicated Clerk, who provides administration for the council and is the Responsible Financial Officer. However, Cllr Zoe North is temporarily fulfilling the position.
The Parish Council is financed through the grants, awards and precept, an amount of money calculated as an estimate for the coming financial year and collected as part of Council Tax. This is used to improve facilities, service and community projects for local people. NB: For example as runner up in the Best Kept Village competition in 2022, £300 was awarded to the council.
The Parish council actively encourages ideas and suggestions from village residents on what the community needs, so that they can plan and budget. The best way to put forward ideas and suggestions is via the Clerk (Cllr Zoe North).
- Asset Register
- Council Meetings
- Finance/Council Tax
- Information Commissioner’s Office
- Parish Councillors / Vacancy
- Recording Meetings
Your Parish Councillors
Ordinary local council elections take place every four years. Vacancies that occur between ordinary elections can be filled by election, if residents ask for an election, or co-option. You can find all the current Councillors and their contact details lower down on this page (when provided).
Become a Councillor
Councillors make a huge difference to the quality of life for the residents of Stubton. To ensure we’re representative of all the village residents, we need people from all backgrounds and experiences.
The Council typically meets six times a year, and support between meetings with reviewing and preparing items on the agenda. To find out what being a Councillor involves, come along to one of the Parish Council meetings and have an informal chat with the current Councillors. You can also contact the Clerk (Cllr Zoe North).
- 25 January 2023According to the last Parish Council meeting the Village Precept per household is staying the same. …
- 18 January 2023EDIT (28 January 2023): Edit on recording the Public Forum. EDIT (20 January 2023): Link to the …
- 18 January 2023Really pleased that the Parish Council know the direction in which they want to go with their …
- 7 December 2022Tonight a new Parish Council was elected via the Co-Option method. Time to move forward and …
- 15 November 2022EDIT: 15 November 2022 – Meeting cancelled – reason not quorate. New date to be …
- 27 October 2022SKDC Link to full story. Proud parish councillors from winning villages have gathered to receive …
- 30 September 2022The Parish Council have a lockable noticeboard in the bus shelter which is populated with …
- 7 August 2022I am pleased to confirm that it has been agreed Stubton can share the speeding radar gun currently …